98 Hunters Rd, Lozells, B19 1EB
0121 554 3271
Augustus Pugin designed St Mary’s Convent, which was built for £3000 in 1841 in the Gothic Revival style. He was a very famous architect, best known for designing the Palace of Westminster (better known as the Houses of Parliament). St Mary is named after Mary the mother of Jesus Christ who Christians worship as the Son of God. The church includes a chapel, conference room and accommodation. The Sisters of Mercy community is a Roman Catholic order of nuns and was founded by Catherine McAuley in Dublin in 1831, their ministry is focused on heritage, spirituality and outreach. They used to run a school here which ran in the Convent grounds until the late 1960’s. Sister Noreen has been part of the community here for over 10 years.